Thirty One Days Of Happiness Tips Day 7

It is claimed eating berries can boost your happiness         Image:PublicDomainPictures from Pixabay

My happiness tip for day 7 is to eat a healthy balanced diet. Immediately the joke about a balanced diet being a cup cake in each hand comes to my mind. Perhaps some people take food too seriously and instead of constantly stressing about the food they eat need to laugh about it sometimes.

I am not qualified to provide any specific advice about what anyone should be eating or how much. My own relationship with food is sometimes a struggle.

I have heard there is a connection between happiness and eating mindfully and being aware of the foods we need to nourish and respect our bodies. That makes sense to me.

Some people suggest following the 80/20 rule where you concentrate on 'healthy' food as 80% of what you eat and don't get too stressed about the other 20%. It is a social thing to have a slice of cake when celebrating a birthday and it's a pity if the enjoyment is spoilt by guilt and stress. Sometimes it is nice to relax and enjoy an ice cream or some comfort food.

                                                                                      Image: Jeevan Singla from Pixabay

It is claimed some foods can boost happiness because of specific nutrients they contain. These include -
  • salmon
  • eggs
  • almonds
  • walnuts
  • oysters
  • spinach, kale
  • berries
  • yoghurt
  • dark chocolate, containing at least 70% cocoa  
Dr John Ashton and Dr Lily Stojanovska have written a book called The Chocolate Diet. For more about this book
read http://healthyhints.com.au/the-chocolate-diet-by-dr-john-ashton-dr-lily-stojanovska/

There is so much information about what people should and shouldn't be eating. I often don't know what to believe but I attempt to eat a fairly healthy diet which includes some of the foods from the list of 'happy foods' above.

Comments

  1. If you're interested in knowing more about how healthy your current diet is, this is an excellent resource. I did the survey earlier today, and while I didn't get as high a mark as I would have liked, I know have verification about how I can improve my score, and so my own health. https://my.totalwellbeingdiet.com/healthy-diet-score/share?SG_SubmissionID=7f357e77-4f3f-4003-98ca-107863167da1&fbclid=IwAR1_GGgcVPXKzsiYgWzo6YLprWCZVxpvdHcpmqqa3YF0zRKTHyanWxCobFg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Growth, Changing my Mind, Learning, Growing as a person

Thirty One Days Of Happiness Tips Day 22

Thirty One Days Of Happiness Tips Day 27