What We Feel Gratitude For Changes In Response To The World Around Us

                                                                                                     Image:Marie Vonow

There are many things I feel gratitude for but recently I have become very aware of how changes in the world around me influences what I feel gratitude for. It's May 2020 and COVID19 has caused many changes in our lives. There are things I now feel gratitude for which three months or more ago I didn't think about. There are other things I will feel gratitude for when life returns to some form of normal.

Things I feel gratitude for
I walked into my usual supermarket just before lunch today and saw toilet paper back on the shelves. People weren't grabbing it and throwing it into their shopping trolleys. They were acting as if it was normal to see shelves stocked with 2ply, 3ply, recycled, embossed, plain toilet paper, all sorts of toilet paper. I felt gratitude this every day item is once again readily available.

It is now possible to get ordinary wheat flour, both plain and self raising once again. When I couldn't buy ordinary wheat flour I experimented with coconut flour and found it rather good but feel gratitude I can buy basic flour again.

While some products are still difficult to get, many items that were unavailable two or three weeks ago are back on the shelves. In time other items will also be available.

Things I will feel gratitude for
We know social distancing and the various restrictions that are necessary to stop the spread of COVID 19 will end at some time. Restrictions will be lessened when it seems safe to do so. In time they will be removed.

I will feel gratitude to be able to meet up with a group of writer friends for a meeting and a coffee. It will be great to be able to drop in at a familiar cafe or somewhere I haven't been before for a cappuccino and perhaps a piece of cake. 


                                                               Image:Marie Vonow

Being able to have a meal out will be a big deal and yet a few months ago it was something I took for granted.

I will feel gratitude for the local library all over again. Our library was closed for over a year while renovations were done. I felt excitement and gratitude when it reopened last year. I will feel that all over again when the library is available once more.


The re-opening of the pool where I was doing aqua exercise classes will bring joy. I am looking forward to catching up with the friends I have made there. So much to feel gratitude about.

Other people will feel gratitude for the re-opening of other businesses and the chance to be involved in activities they enjoy.

Sometimes we don't fully appreciate or feel gratitude for something until it is taken away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Growth, Changing my Mind, Learning, Growing as a person

Thirty One Days Of Happiness Tips Day 22

Sometimes I Don't Want To Be Mindful