Fashion, Style And Clothes

 
                                                                  Image:Marie Vonow


Recently I have been enjoying watching a stack of YouTube videos about current fashions, how to dress if you are a woman over sixty, making more use of the clothes you already own, minimalist wardrobes and all sorts of random videos about clothes and accessories. This is inspiring me to wear some of my clothes differently and try a few new ideas.

Individual approach to clothes
Each individual has different ideas about clothes. Some want to keep up with trends and others have their own style which they are confident in wearing. There are those who view clothing simply as a necessity, something to keep them warm in winter and prevent sunburn in summer.

Budget
Everyone has their own budget. While some spend as little as possible on clothes, (sometimes because they have little money)  others are shopaholics with scary credit card debt.  Some set themselves a realistic clothing budget and don't overspend but still have a wardrobe that meets all their clothing needs.

Lifestyle Considerations
Each person needs clothes to suit their lifestyle and that will change over the years. However, it can be tempting to buy an item because it is pretty or stylish only to realise you have no occasion to wear it. Sometimes I see a piece of clothing I love that would have been suitable some years ago while I was in paid employment but is something I just don't need now.

There are other items that would have been fun to wear on a Friday or Saturday night out but these days I am happy to stay home at night so don't need that type of clothing. 


Clothes to wear at home
I have realised I need mostly clothes to wear at home, especially this year with social distancing. Although restrictions are being eased, I am still spending more time at home than in previous years. However, why should the clothes I wear at home be boring? 

DIY clothing update ideas
I decided I could update some T-shirts that have seen better days with a bit of bleach tie dye. According to some videos I have seen on YouTube this is a big trend at the moment. 

I hear there is also plenty about the trend and how to DIY on Instagram and Tik Tok. I am just repeating what I have heard and haven't checked this out for myself. I have to admit I have never looked at Tik Tok and Instagram doesn't feature much in my life.
                                                                   Image:Marie Vonow

I was pleased with the results of my bleach tie dye efforts and am wearing a bleach tie dye skivvy today. Later I may decide to wear my updated items when I leave the house, perhaps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Growth, Changing my Mind, Learning, Growing as a person

Thirty One Days Of Happiness Tips Day 22

Sometimes I Don't Want To Be Mindful