The Joy Of Time Spent In Nature

Gum blossom                                  Image:Marie Vonow

I love being in a natural environment. It could be my own garden, someone else's garden, a park or the botanic gardens. It could be by a river, in the hills or at the beach. When I am in a natural environment I find it easy to live in the moment and to feel gratitude. Nature is good for the soul, I can feel it doing me good and research shows Nature is beneficial to a person's health. For more info, check out -

Local river in winter       Image:Marie Vonow

Elements of Nature such as birds bring joy                        Image:Marie Vonow

Some years ago when I was camping at the beach on Eyre Peninsula with my family I wrote this poem in response to watching the moon rise over the ocean -

  Rising Moon
Alone, enjoying the evening calm
I sit, gaze across the bay,
It's so peaceful I feel my spirit
Being transported away,
It floats above the ocean
Weightless like a child's balloon,
Then I catch my breath,
Above the rocks I see the rising moon.

                                                       Image:Marie Vonow


For more poetry inspired by Nature take a look at-

Nature provides many people with inspiration for their creative writing, painting, fabric art, pottery or other forms of self expression.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Growth, Changing my Mind, Learning, Growing as a person

Thirty One Days Of Happiness Tips Day 22

Thirty One Days Of Happiness Tips Day 27