Relax And Wait For The Answer To Come

Sometimes the answer comes when you relax                   Image:Adapted from Pixabay

Sometimes I get frustrated with myself for taking too long to make a decision. Perhaps there are times when I should be quicker in deciding how to handle a situation. However, I often find I make better decisions when I don’t force myself to make a quick decision. I like the following quote from William S. Burroughs (writer, artist, philosopher), ‘Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.’

There are times when a decision does need to be made quickly. At other times, it doesn’t hurt to leave it for a while. Perhaps there are other matters that have higher priority.
 
Maybe you want to discuss the situation or problem with someone else before taking action. You may want to make a list of the pros and cons for different ways of handling the situation.

You may think about it while you are washing the dishes, gardening or going for a walk. Instead of making a hasty decision you may want to think about the matter for a while tomorrow and a bit more the day after.

Your sub conscious may be working on the answer while you are busy doing other things. Then the answer may pop into your head while you are taking a bath or enjoying a shower. Sometimes you don’t need to pressure yourself to make up your mind or come up with an answer straight away. There are times when the answer will come when it is ready with little effort on your part.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Growth, Changing my Mind, Learning, Growing as a person

Sometimes I Don't Want To Be Mindful

Thirty One Days Of Happiness Tips Day 27