Shopping Ban Update 6

                                                                      Image: Public Domain Pictures from Pixabay
This self imposed shopping ban experiment is interesting. I have bought the odd item here and there but only after careful thought. I have to admit being a bit like a naughty kid in that I have got a kick out of 'breaking the rules', even though I was the one who made the rules in the first place. Most of the time I 'obey' the rules and don't buy stuff I don't need. I certainly am thinking more carefully about my purchases.

I resisted the urge to buy a novel
A couple of weeks ago I went into a lovely bookshop with a friend. I was in a happy relaxed frame of mind. I picked up a  copy of The Single Ladies of Jacaranda Retirement Village and was intrigued when I read the back of the book. I was oh so tempted to buy the book when I read a page of it.

Instead, I decided to note the name of the book and see if I could borrow it through my local library. Today I picked up a copy from my local library after getting an email to say it was on hold for me. It had been transferred from another library in the state. So I get to read the book for free and I won't ever have to dust it or pack it in a box if I move house at some time.

I didn't buy a reference book
A professional recommended a reference book. Again I did an online search of the library catalogue to see if I could borrow it rather than buy it. Yes, it is available so I have put a hold on it. 


I bought two sets of coloured lights
I have a love of strings of coloured solar lights for the garden. I already have some hanging from the pergola but with the weather warming up (well on a few days) my thoughts have turned to warm summer evenings when I will be sitting outside. 

They were an unnecessary purchase but I bought two strings of coloured globes to hang in the Japanese maple tree which is next to the pergola. They look so pretty and I love them. I don't regret the purchase as I know these extra lights will bring me much enjoyment.

The shopping ban hasn't prevented me from all unnecessary spending but it has reduced it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Growth, Changing my Mind, Learning, Growing as a person

Handling A Phone Interview For A Job

Thirty One Days Of Happiness Tips Day 22